Would you Like to Present to Council?
Submit Your Request Here
*Please Note Request to Present at Council Meetings Must be Submitted One Week Prior to the Date of the Council Meeting you Wish to Present at.
Helpful Tips for Presenting Before Council Meeting
When Presenting Before Council:
- Remember, that you only have 5 minutes to make your presentation to Council, which will then be followed by any questions council may have.
- When speaking to the mayor use, “Mayor Harvey”.
- To address a councillor, simply address them by “Councillor” followed by their last name
- Start of by stating your name clearly for the record, as well as indicate any related professional affiliations. “My name is…”
- State the purpose of your address. “I would like to…”
- Speak within the time allotted and ensure the information you provide is related to the item on the agenda.
- To finish your presentation, advise council using the following phrase: “This concludes my comments Mayor Harvey”
- Following your presentation, the mayor will invite Council members to ask any questions of you.
- Please ensure you answer the question as directed by Council and do not engage in a debate.
- If there are no further questions, the mayor will thank you for your comments.
Additional Tips for Presenting Before Council:
- Presentations should be concise and provide only the information required for council tomake an informed decision.
- Stick to the most important messages
- For more information on Council meeting procedure, please consult the Council Procedure By-Law
- If you have any questions, please contact the District office at 506-392-6763